|Reppin' the Blog at our first SM conference!|
- Facebook remains leading SM network-- 2/3 of U.S. currently uses
- We'll see a 44% increase in smartphone users in 2012
- It's important to humanize your SM interactions with people
- Growth in video viewership reflects widespread availability of digital content
- Finding, organizing & sharing online content will get more important every year
- Very optimistic about the future of SM + ROI
- More than 1/2 of the top online retailers have an audience size of <100k
- 91% of retailers use free/cheap (< $50) on SMM tools such as Tweetdeck & Hootsuite
- Most retailers (84%) don't have any social commerce on their Facebook page
- 44% of retailers never implement a CTA (call to action) for promos
|Eric Boggs rocking his argyle pants. Photo taken from @brucefloyd's Instagram|
Chuck Hemann of WCG tackled SM Monitoring beyond the traditional PR/Marketing person. Hemann expressed the importance of developing a response matrix for responding to comments, and that if the issue is pressing, even the person with 1 follower should receive a response from your company. Also, if you're looking for new SMM (social media monitoring) tools, I encourage you to check out the Wiki page that Chuck referenced here. There are 200+ tools (some free, some not) that you'll find extremely helpful when monitoring conversation about your brand.
- When developing your report, focus on the 5 W's: What, Where, When, Who, Why
- What are people saying about the brand?
- Where are people talking about the brand?
- When are people talking about the brand?
- Who is talking about the brand?
- Why are people talking about the brand?
- 73% of CEO's don;'t believe that marketers drive revenue
- 3 Must-Haves of SM Lead Generation: Build SM reach, maximize content discovery & conversion ubiquity
- Shelf life of a SM link = 3 hours
- Better to automatically share (scheduled updates) than manually share and have 1/2 the updates
- Asked Ford's Google+ community what they wanted-- resulted in 60 pages of content
- 71% say reviews from family members/friends influence purchase decisions
- 56% of DVR owners fast forward through commercials
- 77% of brand content is created by consumers
|Keynote, Scott Monty of Ford. Photo taken from @kenneth_james' Instagram|