Today’s President’s Day, so I thought I’d use the “holiday” to share a few random facts about some of our country’s previous Presidents. I say “holiday” because it’s considered one on a federal level, but the majority of companies don’t count it as one. Weird that we’re not all on the same page here (my vote is that we all take the day)! Also, if you’re wondering why today’s the day we celebrate the Presidentes, it’s because it’s George Washington’s ACTUAL birthday. If he were alive, he’d be 283 today. So, happy birthday George!
|Photo credit: All Events Celebration|
- Abraham Lincoln is the only U.S. president who was a licensed bartender.
- The “S” in Harry S Truman doesn’t stand for anything.
- The only president to be unanimously elected was George Washington
- Andrew Johnson is the only tailor to be president. He would only wear suits that he made himself.
- James Earl “Jimmy” Carter was the first president to be born in a hospital.
- Every member of Teddy Roosevelt’s family owned a pair of stilts, including the first lady.
- Three presidents died on July 4th: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and James Monroe.
- In China, the most well-known Western names are Jesus Christ, Elvis Presley and Richard Nixon.
- Gerald Ford worked as a fashion model during college, appearing on the cover of Cosmopolitan.