While we’re still in peak travel season, I thought it only appropriate to share some travel hacks as you wrap up your summer travel and start gearing up for fall/winter trips!
- Roll your clothes instead of folding – it’s a huge space saver!
- Pack your socks in your shoes.
- Scan + email yourself a copy of your passport/ID in case of loss or theft.
- Use day of the week pill holders for jewelry storage – no tangled necklaces!
- If you’re checking your bag, pack your essentials + an extra outfit just in case your luggage gets lost.
- Bring a light jacket/cardigan with you on the plane – it usually gets pretty chilly!
- Download your airline’s app for quick access to flight updates and your boarding pass.
- Call your credit card company if you’re traveling overseas, so they don’t flag your account for fraud.
- Wear your bulkiest shoes on the plane to save space in your suitcase (esp helpful if you’re using carry-on luggage only).
- Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine, since they’ll dehydrate you!
One last thing to keep you company on your travels from the awesome people at Downy – a Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus Travel Kit! One lucky reader will win this kit, which includes 4 travel necessities:
- (1) Travel Toiletry Bag
- (1) Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus (travel size)
- (1) Dreft Stain Remover Pen (travel size)
- (1) Hooded Neck Pillow
I can’t even begin to tell you how great the Wrinkle Releaser is! I hate the process of ironing, and this is a great alternative to it! Also, the stain remover. If you’re prone to spilling or travel with someone who is, this is great to keep in your bag! Plus, I can’t even begin to tell you how cool the hooded neck pillow is – SO great if you want to get your nap on!
What are some of your travel hacks?
Disclosure: I received this pack for review purposes. All opinions are my own.