Not long ago, I downloaded an app that lets you check off a list of states and/or countries you’ve been, to gauge your travel footprint. While I know there’s a big chunk of the world I’ve yet to visit, I feel like I’ve accomplished quite a bit of travel in my 25 years. So when the app reported back to me that I’ve only traveled 3% of the world, I’ve been feeling even more of a need to fill that that travel bug urge!
As the saying goes, “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list!” I could talk about all the places, but for today, I’ll talk about 5 of them, since they all have something in common. Here goes.
- Germany – The Christmas markets, the beer, the food, the famous castle, the history, and my family ancestory! SO many things I want to explore here! The list could go on and on.
- Austria – Lots of history here too! The beautiful architecture, the Alps, little villages, food, all of it!
- Hungary – Ever since George Ezra’s song Budapest hit the radio waves, it’s been stuck in my head, and sending me subconscious indicators that I need to plan a trip to the city on the river. Not to mention, the famous baths!
- Slovakia – This one actually hit my radar pretty recently, after looking at a map of Europe and seeing it landed between Budapest and Prague. After some Googling, I found some incredible photos and read about so much history (and I’m a big history buff) in the country’s capital, Bratislava!
- Czech Republic – Prague! I’ve heard incredible things about their Christmas market, they have the oldest astrological clock (from centruries ago) and are a big beer town!
So what do these places have in common? Well, besides the obvious (being located in Europe), I’ll be crossing all 5 places off my bucket list in a few months during my favorite season of the year… Christmas! That’s right, Europe trip #2 is booked!
If you’ve been a reader for awhile, you might recall that last year during the Christmas season I ventured to Europe for the first time to explore London and Brussels with my mom. It was AMAZING! I can’t wait for this next huge travel adventure! If you have any suggestions for any of the places listed, let me know!
Are you planning any exciting trips? What are some of the places on your travel bucket list?