It’s hard to believe that today’s the very last day of 2015. Where did the year go?! Seems like just yesterday we were ringing it in. While there weren’t any extraordinarily good or bad things that happened, it was a big year of growth and lessons for me.
In 2015, I learned more than ever to stick to what I believe in, whether other people are with me or not. I learned that people change and not everyone is meant to be in your life forever. I learned to not hold back, and really go after the things I want. I learned that you can never have too many adventures. And most importantly, I learned that no matter what, always choose happiness.
Here’s a look back at some of this year, as seen on Small Towns & City Lights.
- Celebrated 7 years with Ted
- Went sledding and listened to an audiobook for the first time
- Shared important things I learned from my mom and dad
- Talked about the pros and cons of blogging and must-have plugins
- Made the decision to go back to school, questioned why I did so during the crazy, stressful finals time, and felt super accomplished after finishing my first semester
- Recapped my amazing trip to London (1, 2, 3, 4) and Brussels
- Trekked up to NYC twice – once for my best friend’s milestone birthday and the other for a blogger conference
- Turned a quarter of a century (ah!) and spent 5 days in DC with Ted to celebrate
- Took a family vacation (including Sheba) to Charleston
- Shared some helpful travel hacks, international travel tips, and ways to maximize travel rewards
- Spent a wonderful long fall weekend in New England
- Traveled to Europe for a 10-day, 6-city, 5-country adventure with my mom (lots of posts to come)
Fitness + Entertainment
- Gave some advice on 8 Shows to Binge Watch This Summer
- Screamed my head off at Halloween Horror Nights and Howl-O-Scream
- Shared workout playlists for winter, spring, summer, and fall
Dog Life (Sheba)
- Acknowledged that even dogs have photo bloopers
- 7 Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog
- Celebrated Sheba’s 6th birthday
- Tried my hand at cooking better meals at home (Oven-Baked Chicken Parm, Meat Lasagna, Salisbury Steak, Crockpot BBQ Chicken) and baked a bit (Lemon Cookies, S’mores Cookies, No-Bake Energy Bites)
- Did some crafting, and made 4 blankets!
- Was invited to Home Shopping Network (HSN) for the debut of the Wendy Williams collection
- Wrote about my love for handbags (Michael Kors and Modalu London)
- Had some hits (March, June, December) and misses (May, August) with Stitch Fix
So now, join me in saying farewell to 2015, and cheers to a fabulous 2016!