Happy New Year! Since it’s resolution season, I figure no better time to share my goals. But these goals are just for the month. I’ve started the New Year season year after year with goals I wanted to keep up with year-round. But like everyone knows, the resolutions have a tendency to fall by the wayside. This year, my resolution is simple. To start small with my goals, taking things one month at a time.
Here’s what I hope/plan to accomplish in January.
- Read a book (in its entirety). This might sound ridiculous, but it’s been months since I’ve actually read an entire book. Between working full-time, taking on quite a bit during my first semester of part-time grad school, and everything else in life, reading kind of fell by the wayside. But there are SO many books I want to read. This month, I’m challenging myself to do it. Just one (at least).
- Drop off items to donate. I made a donation drop a few months ago, but since I’ve slowly been cleaning things out, I have little piles growing all over the place of things to donate to Goodwill, the Humane Society, and quite a few old homecoming/prom dresses (any suggestions on what to do with those would be appreciated).
- Declutter. I’ve been feeling so insanely cluttered at home since Thanksgiving. I haven’t had the time to declutter and I’m starting to feel like I’m living in an episode of Hoarders. Ok, maybe not that bad. But still, bad enough.
- Take down the Christmas decorations. This one’s kind of a no-brainer since Christmas is over, but if I don’t make myself accountable, I just might leave them up another month (I just love Christmas decorations).
- Conduct a reader survey. I’ve wanted to do a reader survey for quite some time (I’ve never done one), and this month, I want to finally make it happen. Small Towns & City Lights has had quite a lot of growth (thanks for reading, guys!) and I’d love to learn more about you and your likes/dislikes.
Are you creating resolutions for 2016 as a whole or breaking it down into smaller goals? What do you hope to accomplish this month?