This year there has been a lot of conversation around the terms “mindful” and “intentional.” It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the millions of things we have on our brains, that we sometimes forget to take a step back and just breathe.
So in keeping that in mind, here are 5 things I think everyone should do more often.
- Call Your Loved Ones. Is it just me or does this one always seem to be the first to get pushed to the back burner? Yes, texting is easy. But actually calling a friend or family member up and chatting on the phone is much more personal. Pick up the phone and call your grandparents, parents, siblings. They’d love to hear your voice!
- Unplug. Between our computers, phones, tablets, TVs, etc. we have so many more distractions.
- Think Before Responding. A lot of times if someone says or asks something, we’ll respond immediately (think: emails, texts). Instead, take a few minutes to process the question/message before responding.
- Switch Up Your Routine. Instead of feeling like a robot going through the same motions every day, switch something up. Try a new coffee place (or drink choice), get up a few minutes earlier, go to the movies on a Tuesday.
- Put Yourself First. Make sure that with all the commitments you’re making and things you’re adding to your to-do list, that you’re still looking out for yourself. It’s ok to say no sometimes!
What are some things you’re trying to/want to do more often?