3 Reasons to Use Blacklane On Your Next Trip

When traveling to a new place (especially a new country), I like to have things as organized as possible. One of the most important factors? Transportation. So when we were gearing up for our Europe trip, I was trying to determine our best plan of action to get us to/from airports and train stations, considering there was a chance the local cab drivers might not speak English and you never know what kind of charges might pop up using local cabs.

Enter Blacklane, a company based in Berlin, that offers a global professional driver service in 180+ cities (see the full list here) and 50 countries! It seemed like the best option when researching transportation booking, so I was excited to partner with them to test out their service during our Europe trip.

It’s Convenient

You can book your Blacklane ride easily either online or via app (for Apple/Android) in under 5 minutes. You can make your reservation well in advance (I booked our Munich airport pick-up) or last minute (I booked our Vienna train station pick-up about an hour before). The cost presented to you at the time of booking is the final cost, charged to your credit card, including and tips or tolls, meaning no hidden fees or extra expectations when your ride ends.

blacklane appblacklane bookingblacklane app details

It’s Reliable

The company offers a five-star service, with quality cars, and multi-lingual service. Each driver is licensed and insured, and picks you up in a high-quality car. If you’re getting picked up from an airport or train station, simply enter your flight or train details, and your driver can keep an eye on your arrival time, should you be delayed or early in getting there. Plus, the driver waits for you with a sign with your name on it, so you’re not trying to figure out which car in the sea of cars is the one for you (don’t mind my early morning reflection on the tablet)! You’ll also receive a text when your driver has arrived, along with their name and details.

blacklane pickup

It’s Stylish

I mentioned previously that you’re picked up in a high-quality car (you can check out their fleet here). At our Munich airport pick-up, we were escorted in what I think is probably THE fanciest car I’ve ever been in (maybe even including limos). Our ride in the BMW (which we found out cost around what a lot of people might spend on their first home!!) was a smooth ride, comfortable, clean, and stylish, especially after being cooped up on planes for so long!

blacklane reviewblacklane review

While Blacklane is a bit pricier than a standard city cab, the quality you get with the service is priceless, with convenience, reliability (safety), and style. After two great experiences in different cities and countries, I know I’ll be utilizing this service again for my future trips abroad!

Have you used a car service before? How do you plan your transport services when traveling abroad?

I received a complimentary voucher to try out Blacklane's services. All opinions are my own.

1. February 15, 2016 / 1:56 PM

I can imagine this being particularly helpful in countries where English isn’t the first language or if you arrive late at night. We’ve had good luck with public transportation but things can get hectic when it’s dark out!

• February 16, 2016 / 8:29 PM

It definitely is/was! Totally agree on things getting a little crazy in a foreign place when it’s dark out. That’s when this would def come in handy!

2. February 15, 2016 / 3:19 PM

I think I would totally be ok with the price knowing that the driver would speak English and not rip me off. Transportation is pretty much the only thing about travel that stresses me out.

• February 16, 2016 / 8:37 PM

Same! Especially if you’re somewhere where English isn’t the primary language!

3. February 15, 2016 / 4:14 PM

oh wow, this is awesome. i am cheap, but i will always pay more for something that i feel is better value, and something this reliable and convenient? yes please! i will definitely use them if we ever go back to europe.

• February 17, 2016 / 11:18 PM

You mean WHEN you go back to Europe? ;) haha. You’d love this! Where in Europe is on your radar to travel to next?

• February 18, 2016 / 9:40 AM

oh gosh, everywhere!! haha. our next big trip is home and NZ, so if we do Europe again it won’t be for several years. But I’d love to see more of Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria.. I mean.. everywhere!! haha. if only we had unlimited time and money!

4. February 15, 2016 / 5:06 PM

This is awesome! What a great and convenient way to travel.

• February 17, 2016 / 11:16 PM

It was wonderful! So glad I found the service!

5. February 15, 2016 / 5:17 PM

That’s such an awesome service! When traveling, your time is money, so it would be great to not have to wait on cabs to take you places. You also can’t be safety either!

• February 17, 2016 / 11:19 PM

So true, Ashley! Cabs are so unpredictable, especially in foreign countries!

6. February 16, 2016 / 12:36 AM

That is really awesome!! I’m glad you know the price before you leave.

• February 16, 2016 / 10:11 PM

It’s so helpful! Nothing worse than not knowing what the price will be or getting ripped off!

7. February 16, 2016 / 3:03 AM

I would like to try this out! Sometimes it’s worth it to pay a little more for the extra perks.

• February 16, 2016 / 8:39 PM

Totally agree! Especially when you’re in a foreign place, or on vacation period! I think they have a presence in China. Let me know what you think when you try it!

8. February 16, 2016 / 9:04 AM

Oh this is great! Thank you for sharing! We are planning our next big trip and knowing transpiration is taken care of is always such a relief!

• February 17, 2016 / 11:20 PM

So true, Rebekah! Where are you planning a trip to?

• February 18, 2016 / 10:06 AM

We haven’t decided yet. We try to take one big trip every year and a half. Last April we traveled around Italy for 10 day. We are hoping to plan our next trip for next fall. We are currently thinking about Norway, Iceland, The UK, and Hungary. I’m sure the deciding factor will be the best deal we can find on flights.

9. February 16, 2016 / 9:11 AM

Great to hear this good review! I’ll be trying out Blacklane at the end of the month – it sounds like a really good concept! x

• February 17, 2016 / 11:20 PM

You’re going to love it, Emily! We were very pleased with the service. Where are you traveling to?

10. February 16, 2016 / 4:18 PM

SO COOL! I wish I would have known about this for our last trip

• February 16, 2016 / 8:38 PM

That just means it’s time to plan another one ;) What’s next on your travel bucket list?

11. February 16, 2016 / 8:07 PM

This is SUCH a cool service. Definitely going to recommend this to any of my friends traveling abroad!

​xx katie // a touch of teal

• February 17, 2016 / 11:21 PM

We had such a great experience with them! I hope you’re able to plan a trip abroad for yourself soon too!

12. February 17, 2016 / 8:48 AM

That is a cool service! I want to try abroad so bad!!!!

• February 20, 2016 / 2:14 PM

It really is great! Which places are at the top of your list to travel to?

13. February 18, 2016 / 2:05 AM

I have never heard of this service, thanks for writing about it. I’ll have to check it out on future travels, thanks girl!

• February 20, 2016 / 7:56 PM

It’s wonderful! I know you’ll love it too! Do you have any fun travels planned for the year?

• March 3, 2016 / 3:40 AM

Yes! We just got back from Switzerland which was amazingggg and we are heading to Ireland this summer! Yay for travels :)