Primary Election Day

Generally speaking, I don’t like to talk politics with other people, especially not publicly. Things always get way too heated and it usually never ends well. And on social media, it really makes me want to unfollow/unfriendly an insane amount of people. Anyone else feeling this way?

So I’m not talking specific candidates or politics today, but really just saying GO VOTE (if you haven’t already), and then please keep your opinions on it to yourself. No need for the crazy rants, ugh!

incorrect opinion

Today’s the primary election day for Florida (and several others), a state always filled with drama on election days. Fortunately, this is just the primaries, the really crazy stuff is still a few months off! That said, there’s a lot riding on the results of today’s primary, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

If you’re still undecided, there’s a great site, iSideWith that presents the issues to you in quiz-form, and lets you choose your stance and how important it is to you. Then you get your results by percentage of how aligned your views are with the candidates. Also, my favorite weekday morning newsletter, theSkimm, has put together a great election guide to help you keep up with the latest in the world of the presidential election.

Since we could all use more than a little humor in the craziness of election time, let’s take a minute to enjoy these political memes, targeting all of the candidates, shall we?

election memes

Will you be voting in the primary election? What are your thoughts on discussing politics?

1. March 15, 2016 / 12:41 PM

Voting is important, but I’m so sick of all the craziness behind this election! I’ll be glad when it’s over no matter what the outcome.

• March 19, 2016 / 12:23 PM

Couldn’t agree more! It’s been ridiculous so far, I can’t imagine how bad it’s going to be as we get closer to the big election!

2. March 15, 2016 / 2:18 PM

Voting is so important! I also hate seeing all the political posts on social media, etc. I get it because it’s so important but I also am over all the rants. I also do not speak about my political views because it’s something I just don’t care to speak about. I try to avoid it at all costs.

• March 19, 2016 / 12:29 PM

Yes! The rants drive me crazy! I dread the next few months leading up to the big election, lol.

3. March 15, 2016 / 2:37 PM

I voted in our primary the first Super Tuesday. It was my first time voting. Yay citizenship!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:24 PM

How exciting! Was it everything you thought it’d be? Lol

4. Deborah Ward
    March 15, 2016 / 2:59 PM

Love the memes! With things so heated, it’s fun to laugh. Have fun exercising…your right to vote, that is. We don’t vote in CA until June. :-/

• March 19, 2016 / 12:30 PM

You have to laugh! There’s no other way to survive it :) Crazy that California doesn’t vote until June! Wow!

5. March 15, 2016 / 3:22 PM

I’m just so over everything that has to do with this election! It seems like there’s even more drama than usual this year, and I don’t like it!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:30 PM

Same! It does seem that way. I can only imagine how much worse it’s going to get as we get closer to November!

6. March 15, 2016 / 3:26 PM

Lol I feel the same way about a lot of what people are putting out on social media! I have seriously unfollowed some people because of it, but I love those memes! We get to vote on April 26th–I can wait!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:40 PM

It’s crazy how far apart these primary elections are! Social media rants are the worst – glad I could help provide some humor into it though :)

7. March 15, 2016 / 5:18 PM

Lol interesting! I am lost when it comes to the election…should really spend some time focusing more on it!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:41 PM

There are SO many pieces to it, it’s crazy. Check out some of the resources I linked to – that should help you get up to speed!

8. Jenn @ HomebyJenn
    March 15, 2016 / 6:39 PM

Thanks for adding a little humor to this election cycle. It has been going on forever and I’m so ready for this to be over. I’m not sure when our primary date is, I live in Washington State, it may be too late and the race may already be decided by the time it get to us.

• March 19, 2016 / 12:41 PM

Happy to provide some laughs :) I’m ready for it to be over too. We get spoiled those 3 years or so that we don’t have big elections like this!

9. March 15, 2016 / 6:59 PM

I voted a few weeks ago, but I wasn’t 100% sure who I was voting for until the morning of. It was a tough decision this year!!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:20 PM

I was undecided too – you’re right, it is a tough one this year. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out in November!

10. Michelle Mink
    March 16, 2016 / 12:45 AM

i tweeted out earlier today that i wish the primary in California was earlier than June. I am ready to vote now!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:17 PM

Oh wow, I didn’t realize it was so late in California! They really drag it out!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:44 PM

I thought so too! We need all the humor we can get with this election!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:44 PM

Thanks, Katie! We all need a little humor with this crazy election!

11. March 17, 2016 / 4:48 AM

I’m totally going to go on Isidewith and see if my results match who I think I side with!

• March 19, 2016 / 12:17 PM

I got who I thought I did but someone I didn’t think was a close second, haha! Will you be able to fill out an absentee ballot from China?

• March 19, 2016 / 12:16 PM

Thanks! We need a little humor among along the craziness :)