Captain America: Civil War

Today’s the day all of the Marvel and superhero fans have been waiting for – the release of Captain America: Civil War. It’s finally time to nerd out! I caught a screening of the film earlier this week and must say (as expected), overall, the film did not disappoint.

I’m sure you’ve all seen a ton of commercials and the movie poster, so you know the film is ultimately a showdown between Captain America and Iron Man, who are divided on the issue of whether the Avengers should continue being self-governed (Captain) vs. controlled by the government (Iron Man) due to lots of chaos that ends up coming from the battles they fight in.

captain america movie poster

It’s very interesting to see how Marvel divided the teams up. On Captain’s team: Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Scarlet Witch. On Iron Man’s: Black Widow, War Machine, Vision and Black Panther. They essentially took most of the “inseparable duos” and split them up against each other. And yes, Black Panther is a new character with an interesting backstory (which I really want to learn more about)!

So not only is a “civil war” battle going on between the Avengers, but there’s also a villain who comes into play, giving several characters quite the multi-task! Just another day in the life of a superhero!

team captain

I think it’s a little odd that they classified this one as a Captain America movie though, since it was essentially another Avengers film, but regardless, I loved seeing the whole team back in action. I will say that the first hour or so of the film was a tad slow, but it certainly picked up for the remaining hour and a half or so.

As usual, if you’re heading to the theater for this (which you totally should!) make sure you stick around until the end of the first credits, and then the end of the never-ending/really long detailed credits. There are 2 little bonus clips that give us a peek at two upcoming Marvel films!

civil war pops

So, which side are you on? Team Cap or Team Iron Man?

Movie photos courtesy of WDW Pictures/Marvel Studios.

1. May 6, 2016 / 11:36 AM

That is weird that it wasn’t just an Avengers movie. My roommate went and saw it at Midnight last night, but my company is taking me on Tuesday for free so I have to wait a couple days. lol

• May 10, 2016 / 8:09 PM

Maybe they ran out of content for Captain.. not sure what the rationale was behind it. It was still great though. I hope you love it, Angie!

2. May 6, 2016 / 11:46 AM

I’m Team Iron Man all the way, but right now I’m so upset that I miss the second bonus clip!! I loved the movie (and especially that most of the Avengers were in it, it made it even better in my mind), and waited for the end of the short credits to see the clip. But, thinking that that was it, I left right after! Bummer! I’ll have to YouTube it now, haha :)
    — LisaLDN.com

• May 11, 2016 / 7:45 AM

Oh bummer! Marvel movies usually have 2 so keep that in mind for next time! I thought the movie was great too. Already ready for more!

3. divapinks
    May 6, 2016 / 11:48 AM

My son wont stop talking about this! haha. I love having a boy. I’m sure after school he will be begging me to take him haha. Im actually excited to go watch it with him. :D

• May 10, 2016 / 8:09 PM

Aww I bet he’ll be so excited to go! I hope you guys enjoy it!

4. May 6, 2016 / 12:28 PM

My boyfriend and I are going to see this tomorrow and we’re both really excited (though I think he’s probably more excited). Since he’s in the Army, we’re obviously Team Cap.

• May 10, 2016 / 8:10 PM

Yay! I hope you guys enjoyed it. I was Team Cap for this too (but don’t tell my boyfriend, he’s rooting for Iron Man haha).

5. May 6, 2016 / 12:43 PM

I loooove Captain America. Can’t wait to see this movie!

• May 11, 2016 / 7:47 AM

I was torn but definitely sided with Captain in this battle :) I hope you enjoy it!

6. May 6, 2016 / 4:08 PM

CAN NOT WAIT to see this! I’m going to try to convince Josh to go next weekend when I visit him! The Captain America movies are my favorites :)

• May 15, 2016 / 10:41 PM

Yay! I hope you guys are able to go see it. It was really good!!

7. May 6, 2016 / 4:42 PM

So I still haven’t seen the last Avengers movie, but I love them all so much! I think that without a doubt I’ll always be team Iron Man! I mean he’s Tony Stark!

• May 11, 2016 / 7:48 AM

Oh no! You should definitely rent it to watch in your fab movie room :)

8. May 6, 2016 / 9:36 PM

I watched it last night and it was so good!! I can’t wait until the next movie :) I won’t say anymore so I don’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it lol

• May 15, 2016 / 10:41 PM

I can’t wait either! My boyfriend and I were talking about the end credit clips and speculating on what will happen next. I don’t want to wait to find out!

9. Michelle Mink
    May 6, 2016 / 11:57 PM

I’m not a big marvel fan so I won’t rush out to see this but I know so many people are pumped for it. More Chris Evans is never a bad thing

• May 15, 2016 / 10:42 PM

Totally agree with you, Michelle :) This one was really good though, I hope you like it when you do get around to seeing it!

10. May 7, 2016 / 12:40 AM

My son is actually on his way back from seeing this movie and I am so jealous because I wanted to go! But, I didn’t want to be “that” mom crashing the tween movie party ;) He told me he would see it with me next week. Can’t wait!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:43 PM

Aww bummer on the wait, but understandable. I hope you love it when you’re finally able to go see it!

11. May 7, 2016 / 1:44 AM

EEekk! I’m so excited to see this movie! I think we’ll be waiting until it comes out on DVD but it’s going to be great!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:43 PM

It was awesome! Hopefully it’ll be release on DVD soon so you’ll be able to see it!

12. May 7, 2016 / 2:00 AM

I’m going Saturday and can’t wait! We’ve been watching all the movies recently to refresh our memories. Even Ant Man :-). I still am not sure who to side with. I like Iron Man better but Cap’s cause might be more legit!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:48 PM

I hope you loved it, Angie! I was definitely with Cap for the majority of the movie. I think Ant Man is my all-time fave though!

13. May 7, 2016 / 1:24 PM

I am beyond excited to go see this movie! Thank you for the tip about staying till the end of the credits because I totally would have missed it

• May 15, 2016 / 10:43 PM

I hope you enjoy it, Sierra! Marvel always has 1, but usually 2 end credit clips, so keep it in mind for future ones too :)

14. Tara Berries
    May 8, 2016 / 4:06 PM

Team Iron Man all of the way. My nephews make me play Disney Infinity and I always choose to be Iron Man!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:47 PM

Haha, that’s awesome! I’m sure you win all the time then with Iron Man on your side :)

15. May 8, 2016 / 7:44 PM

I saw the film last night and thought it was awesome. I think it was interesting that it was a Captain America movie even though it seemed like an Avengers movie too!
    xoxo, Jenny

• May 15, 2016 / 10:50 PM

Me too!! I can’t wait for the next one!

16. May 8, 2016 / 11:34 PM

I normally don’t watch too many super hero movies, bit this looks really good. Plus, it’d make a great date night movie.

• May 15, 2016 / 10:52 PM

It definitely would! Marvel does such a great job with them so they really appeal to all audiences I think!

17. May 9, 2016 / 6:57 AM

I’m so glad that this is finally out! I really enjoy these movies…which always surprises me.

• May 15, 2016 / 10:52 PM

I do too! Marvel’s really cranking them out lately (even though it sometimes feels like a lifetime between them)!

18. May 9, 2016 / 11:46 AM

I can’t wait to see this, hopefully tomorrow! I’m team Cap all the way!

• May 11, 2016 / 7:48 AM

Yay, me too! I hope you like it, Becky!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:52 PM

I hope you’re able to see it soon, Greta! It’s a good one!

19. May 9, 2016 / 5:12 PM

I love all the Avenger movies,etc. I really don’t know who’s team I would be on. That’s a tough one! Hopefully I’ll get to go see it soon!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:55 PM

Same! It’s a tough to pick a team – both are so good! I hope you’re able to get to the theater soon!

20. May 9, 2016 / 10:37 PM

This movie was so good! My family and I absolutely loved it! I do agree that it seemed more like an Avengers movie than a Captain America movie! Team Cap all the way! :)

• May 11, 2016 / 7:55 AM

Glad to hear you liked it too! I’m already anxious for the next Marvel movie – they’re so good!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:53 PM

Same! I’m already looking forward to the next Marvel movie. I love the teases at the end but at the same time it makes me so much more anxious to see more!

21. May 10, 2016 / 2:47 PM

Thanks for the tip! I’m Team Iron Man, and can’t wait to see this!

• May 15, 2016 / 10:56 PM

I hope you love it! Thanks for reading :)

22. May 10, 2016 / 3:12 PM

Definitely Team Cap which I never thought I would say because I’ve always liked Iron Man as a character better. But Cap is definitely right on this one :-) And I love the new Spider-Man! I was so nervous about that!

• May 11, 2016 / 7:54 AM

I totally agree with you! And that kid is PERFECT for Spidey! They finally got the casting right!

23. May 15, 2016 / 10:40 PM

You should definitely see this one! The beginning was a little slow but it picked up quite a bit. Some interesting information came out too, but I won’t spoil it :)

24. May 28, 2016 / 5:05 AM

I’m Team Iron Man here! It’s funny how nowadays, even superheroes are fighting each other.

• June 3, 2016 / 12:04 AM

So true! I can’t wait to see what happens in the next Marvel films!