A new month means time to check in on last month’s goals and set some new ones. But first, let’s take a moment to process the fact that we’re almost halfway through 2016 since it’s now June. CRAZY!
In May I set some pretty vague goals and didn’t do as well as I was hoping. Going forward I’m going to try to be more specific so I can better measure how I did. Here’s what happened with my goals in May.
- Do some spring cleaning. Some tidying was done via clearing the countertops and dressers but other than that I didn’t make too much headway on this one.
- Eat out less (2x max per week). I did pretty well on this one except the last week of May, since I was out of town. I’d say this one was successful overall.
- Better define my blog strategy. I started on this but still have a ways to go. Honing in on a specific strategy is a lot more time-consuming than I imagined!
- Clean up old blog posts. 100% no. Didn’t go anywhere near this one.
- Read Me Before You. Done! I opted to bring this book instead of my laptop on my MDW trip to New York and I was totally immersed in the book. SO GOOD.
May wasn’t my best month in terms of getting through all of my goals, but I’ve come up with some pretty good goals for June that I think I’ll be able to rock!
- Reach 700 fans on Facebook. I have just over 30 to go to reach my next FB milestone. Want to help me reach the goal? Like Small Towns & City Lights on Facebook here!
- Book flights for the big end-of-year Europe trip. Update: I made this list a couple weeks ago but actually just booked the flights yesterday! It’s officially happening! More details will be coming on this next week.
- Create 5 new “Pinterest worthy” graphics for old blog posts. I’m carrying over one of my failed May goals to June but in a more specific manor. I think narrowing down what EXACTLY I need to do will result in a higher likelihood of me completing it.
- Figure out insurance stuff + sign up for new plan. I’ve been able to hang on by a thread to my parents’ insurance since graduating college and getting a full-time job, but the fun is over in a few weeks when my 26th birthday lands. I’ve been starting to look at my options but it’s all pretty confusing. I don’t have a choice but to cross this one off at the end of the month!
- Finish getting through the Pinfinite Growth e-course. I purchased the Pinfinite Growth e-course last month after quite a bit of back and forth (it’s a pretty big investment) and am about halfway through. I’m hoping to finish the course this month so I can really implement some new strategies!
What’re you hoping to accomplish this month?