This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MayfieldFamily #CollectiveBias
The Florida heat is no joke, and because of it, I’m always looking for fun indoor activities to beat the heat and stay cool. One of my favorites? Here’s a hint – it involves ice cream and homemade cookies!
Is it just me or do cookies seem to go perfectly with ice cream? I always head straight for Mayfield’s yellow containers of ice cream, which are pretty popular here in the southeast. And it’s new at Walmart, so you know it’s in demand!
Wondering why people love it so much? Mayfield Dairy began making ice cream back in 1923 so is a well-established brand that focuses on southern hospitality and bringing families together. Plus, they continue to use their same original process today, which ensures the most authentic southern flavors, including fresh cream from their own dairy with no artificial growth hormones. Definite winner in my book!
So how can you make your own ice cream sandwich? It’s easy!
What You’ll Need (Ingredients)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 + 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Mayfield ice cream* (this will be used post-cookie making)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all of the ingredients together into a bowl (with the exception of the ice cream)
- Scoop out bits of batter and place 1-inch apart on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden-brown and let cool
Once the cookies have cooled, you’re ready to bring in the ice cream!
- Stack piles of 2 cookies for each ice cream sandwich you want to make
- Flip both cookies so they’re each face down
- Take a big scoop of your Mayfield ice cream and place it on one of the cookies
- Place the ice cream-free cookie on top to complete the sandwich
Have you ever made a homemade ice cream sandwich? What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?