Last year was the first year I attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Disney’s Magic Kingdom and knew it’d be a tradition from then on! Over the weekend I attended the fun event with my mom and sisters again, and am excited to share a peek at what you can expect at the party!
If you’re not familiar with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party here’s a quick rundown. The event runs mid-November up to Christmas on select nights (usually Thursday, Friday, and Sunday nights) from 7 p.m. to midnight. It is a separate ticketed event (starting at $89), not included as part of your standard day at Disney admission, but in my opinion, totally worth it due to all of the added benefits!
Free + Festive Treats!
Get ready for a major sugar rush! There are complimentary treats all over the park (you can find each station by the big candy cane inflatables) and it’s basically all you can eat. I’m talking cookies, sno cones, pretzels, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, apple cider. All of these are included in the price of admission!
The big struggle you always deal with when visiting Disney are the crowds. But this special event is ticketed separately and is capped at a much lower number. With fewer people in the park, the wait time for rides are MUCH shorter (maybe 15 minutes max) and it makes visiting much more enjoyable.
Christmas Decorations (and Music)!
There is no better time to be at Disney’s Magic Kingdom than Christmas! Christmas music is playing all over the park, Christmas lights are twinkling everywhere you look, and it’s just incredibly beautiful and festive! Disney already has the nickname of “the happiest place on earth,” but when you had Christmas cheer to the mix, you get to experience this at its peak!
Special Character Meet + Greets
You’ll find the BEST characters out at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! In addition to some of the everyday favorites (Mickey/Minnie, Pooh and friends, etc.), you’ll get to meet (or see) some of the characters that rarely make appearances! I’m talking Pinocchio and Gepetto, The Seven Dwarfs, Scrooge Duck, and more!
You definitely won’t be bored at this event! In addition to all of the rides, character meet + greets, and food, you’ll also get to experience all of the festive entertainment!
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Mickey invites his pals to gear up for the Christmas party 4 times per night at the castle stage for a fun show filled with Christmas tunes + excitement!
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: Queen Elsa uses her powers to create a beautiful sparkling, icy castle as the centerpiece of the party!
- Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: This spectacular parade runs twice during the event and is filled with all of your favorite characters + lots of excitement! It begins over in Frontierland but runs down through Main Street!
- Holiday Wishes: This fireworks show only runs once during the event, but is something you don’t want to miss! It also happens to be my favorite time to be on an outdoor ride – you get the best view that way!
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas + VoicePlay: Tunes playing outside are sure to catch your attention 5x during the event and get you moving! And in between? Catch an a cappella concert 4 times on the same stage in Tomorrowland!
- Club Tinsel: Dance party anyone?! A fun mix of regular + Christmas tunes play all night at the most hoppin’ “club” in town!
Have you attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? If not, what would you be most excited to see/do?