Is it just me or are these weeks starting to go faster than usual? Regardless, I’m happy it’s Friday! I caught whatever sinus/cold thing is going around, so I’ve been feeling pretty miserable this week. I can’t wait to recover and get some good R&R this weekend. What’s your weekend looking like?
Let’s get to this week’s fun findings (and a Target gift card giveaway at the bottom of this post, woo)!
Christmas Dinner at Hogwarts
This is like my dream come true. Christmas + dinner at Hogwarts?! AMAZING. The soundstage where they filled the Harry Potter movies is opening up it’s doors for much more than Warner Bros. Studios London’s standard tour. On one day only (at least for now), Thursday, December 3, you can enjoy a 2-course meal in THE Great Hall! At $349, it’s not a cheap evening, but it includes dinner, canapés, Butterbeer, a character wand, desert, drinks and entrance to the Studio Tour. If I could get back to London, I’d SO do it! You can read more about the magical evening here.
Tampa Theatre’s A Nightmare on Franklin Street
I’ve talked a few times about my love for the Tampa Theatre, a historic movie theater here in Tampa that I try to get to as often as possible! They hold several movie series based on the time of year, and this year, they’re doing another popular scary movie series! If you can make it, definitely go! It doesn’t kick off until the week before Halloween, but here’s the lineup :
- 10/23 – The Conjuring (7:30 p.m.)
- 10/24 – Devil’s Rejects (3:45 p.m.), Pet Semetary (6:30 p.m.), The Shining (9:30 p.m.)
- 10/25 – Nightmare Before Christmas (3:45 p.m.), Sweeney Todd (5:30 p.m.), The Rocky Horror Picture Show (11 p.m.)
- 10/26 – An American Werewolf in London (7:30 p.m.)
- 10/27 – Tampa Ghost Stories with Deborah Frethem (7:30 p.m. – not a movie)
- 10/28 – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (7:30 p.m.)
- 10/29 – The Exorcist: Live Discussion with Linda Blair + screening of The Exorcist (7:30 p.m.)
- 10/30 – Poltergeist (6 p.m. – 2015 version), Poltergeist (8:30 p.m. – original 1982 version)
- 10/31 – Strangers on a Train (2 p.m.), Rope (4:45 p.m.), The Birds (7:15 p.m.), Psycho (10:15)
Matt Damon’s Dad Dancing (Whip Nae Nae)
Matt Damon’s been hitting all the talk shows this week to promote his new movie, The Martian (I can’t wait to see it). I think my favorite of all of them is his appearance on The Ellen Show. If you don’t want to watch the entire thing, just scroll to 3:15. He starts out shy about it and then gets into it. It’s too funny! Stars are just like us, guys!
And now, it’s giveaway time! I’ve teamed up with some great bloggers to give away a $115 gift card to Target so you can buy all the fabulous fall things (or whatever else you want)! Enter below for a chance to win. Good luck!
P.S. I re-launched my blog sponsorship program this week! Check it out here and use “FALL50” for 50% off all ads!