5 Podcasts I Can’t Get Enough Of

I never had any interest in podcasts until a couple years ago when I heard about Serial, which I think is/was the podcast that really put podcasts on the map. After I finished season one, I was on the hunt for similar or other good podcasts and to be honest, it took a while to find the ones that I now can’t seem to get enough of. Not only is it about finding a podcast with good content, but the voice of the host(s) and the sound quality are also incredibly important when it comes to finding a podcast you love.

I get most of my listening to podcasts done when I’m driving, walking, cleaning and cooking, so despite being busy, I’m still able to squeeze in a decent amount of podcast-time each day. Here are the five podcasts I can’t get enough of.

5 Podcasts I Can't Get Enough Of

Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me

I’ve become kind of a news junkie since subscribing to theSkimm a few years ago. This podcast is produced by NPR and is filmed in front of a live audience each week in Chicago (they also have traveling shows from time to time – I’m dying to attend one) and is essentially a news quiz/gameshow that looks back at news stories from the past week with quite a bit of humor!

Dear Sugar Radio

This podcast is hosted by Cheryl Strayed (author of Wild) and Steve Almond. Based on a newspaper advice column, this one  helps answer problems listeners write in about and is basically like going to a therapy, where you won’t be judged, only offered help to solve your troubles. Whether it’s an issue you can relate to or not, it’s definitely an eye-opening podcast to many different issues people face.

You Must Remember This

This is the newest one in my library. If you’re a Hollywood + history fan, you’ll love it. It explores the secrets and forgotten history of the 20th century, which was really the first century of Hollywood. Famous names that you’ll hear about? Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Audrey Hepburn, Charlie Chaplin and Walt Disney – to name a few!

Real Simple: Adulthood Made Easy

From the editors of Real Simple Magazine, this podcast is a great one for millennials. It discusses all kinds of topics to help you navigate everyday life. Plus, it assures you that you’re not alone in a lot of your feelings (*cough*  quarter life crisis *cough*).

How Did This Get Made?

Paul Scheer (Andre from FX’s The League) hosts this one with fellow celebs June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas and it’s kind of the best. Each episode they discuss those movies that are so bad that you love them. And in between episodes are minisodes/prequels to let you know which movie is up next so you can watch it before their analysis pops up to stream. The fact that actors themselves host this just makes it so much better.

Are you a fan of podcasts? What are some of your favorites to listen to?

1. April 18, 2016 / 12:40 PM

I’ll have to add some of these to my list! I like Magic Lessons, Run to the Top, The Skinny Confidential His & Her and Precision Nutrition

• April 18, 2016 / 5:37 PM

I hope you love them! I’ll have to check yours out too!

2. April 18, 2016 / 12:44 PM

I love this list! I love Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me, but I’ve not heard of the others so I’ll definitely be checking them out!

• April 18, 2016 / 5:37 PM

Thanks, Hannah! They’re all awesome. Wait Wait is always the first one I listen to though, it cracks me up!

3. Cori
    April 18, 2016 / 1:20 PM

My husband LOVES Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! I’ll check out these others.

• April 18, 2016 / 9:41 PM

It’s the best! I hope you like the others!

4. Abby
    April 18, 2016 / 1:32 PM

I, like you, discovered podcasts mostly through my love of Serial (season one…season two is just eh for me). Mostly, I listen to blogging/business podcasts like Brilliant Business Moms and Food Blogger Pro, but Serial really got me hooked on the idea other topics. I’m going to check out a few of these!

• April 18, 2016 / 9:45 PM

Those sounds interesting! I LOVED season 1 of Serial but haven’t been able to get into season 2. The topic just isn’t nearly as interesting to me. I hope you like these!

5. April 18, 2016 / 1:55 PM

I wasn’t a big podcast listener until Serial, and I guess I really don’t listen to that many of them right now. You Must Remember This sounds really interesting!

• April 20, 2016 / 7:42 PM

It is! You should give it a try, you might have a new favorite!

6. Artsnark
    April 18, 2016 / 2:24 PM

Great pics! I’m also a fan of Radio Lab & The Splendid Table

• April 20, 2016 / 7:43 PM

I’ll have to check those out! Thanks for the recs!

7. Cassie
    April 18, 2016 / 4:05 PM

I love This American Life, but I really wanna check out Real Simple Podcasts and You Must Remember this! Love getting podcast recommendations! :)

• April 20, 2016 / 9:24 PM

I have This American Life in my queue! I hope you enjoy these new recs!

8. April 18, 2016 / 4:30 PM

Ooh You Must Remember This sounds like a podcast I would love! I am a huge classic hollywood fan.

• April 20, 2016 / 7:55 PM

Same! There’s quite a bit of interesting info and crossover between many of the stars from back then. Let me know what you think!

9. April 18, 2016 / 6:06 PM

Real Simple magazine has everything!! I never knew there was a podcast. I just recently started listening to podcast – I’ll for sure be checking these out :)

• April 20, 2016 / 11:53 PM

Yes! It’s a really great one. I hope you love these!

10. April 18, 2016 / 6:57 PM

I love listening to podcasts on my way to work! One of my favorites is Jason & Molly Mesnick, this is reality.

• April 20, 2016 / 11:53 PM

I’ll have to check that one out, thanks! My commute’s not too long, but I’ve been listening to them every chance I get. There are so many good ones out there! I

11. April 18, 2016 / 7:20 PM

I LOVE How Did This Get Made, I die laughing, even if I haven’t seen the movie! I like listening to TV show podcasts as well, either on the Rob Has a Podcast network, the AfterBuzz network, or I like Gilmore Guys. I should listen to “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” more!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

• April 21, 2016 / 9:26 PM

Same! It’s even better if you have seen the movie though, then you can visualize the scenes they’re referring to. It’s dangerous when I listen at work, I have to muffle my laughter :)

12. April 18, 2016 / 7:49 PM

Thank you for this! I am currently only listening to Bitch Sesh (which I love) but I need some more. Podcasts strangely help me concentrate at work… probably because I can drown out everyone else!

• April 21, 2016 / 9:26 PM

I’ll have to check that one out! I hope you like some of these – warning though, some might cause you to literally LOL at your desk :)

13. April 18, 2016 / 9:00 PM

I have just recently started listening to podcasts. I used to struggle to find time for them but now listen to them while I am walking.

• April 21, 2016 / 9:28 PM

Me too! I’ve gotten creative in finding time to listen to them. Even while doing laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc., I’m listening to them!

14. April 18, 2016 / 9:03 PM

Love podcasts! I am going to have to check these out! I am always looking for a new one. I am currently loving Pantsuit Politics.

• April 21, 2016 / 9:27 PM

That sounds interesting, I’ll have to check it out! I hope you like these!

15. April 18, 2016 / 9:10 PM

I totally love podcasts. I think my favourite are Criminal as well as We’re Alive. Will need to look at the “Real Simple Podcasts” it looks interesting.

Thanks for this list. Totally have to pin and tweet it to remember it later. “Wait, Wait… don’t tell me” sounds hilarious.

• April 21, 2016 / 9:29 PM

I have a couple eps of Criminal downloaded but haven’t listened yet. I’ll have to check out We’re Alive too. I hope you find some you like on the list!

16. April 18, 2016 / 11:05 PM

I am adding ALL of these to my list! I did a blog post about my favorite podcasts back in September and then another post about my new favorite one, Bitch Sesh. The girls on Bitch Sesh actually advertise How Did This Get Made? quite often because June Diane Raphael is often a guest.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:31 AM

Yay! I hope you love them :) I’ll have to find your post too to get some additional suggestions myself!

17. April 18, 2016 / 11:14 PM

I have actually never heard of any of these before even though I am an avid podcast listener.
    I will totally need to check some of these out.

xoxo, Jenny

• April 23, 2016 / 12:40 AM

I hope you find some you love, Jenny! What are some of your favorites?

18. April 19, 2016 / 12:16 AM

Oooo! I’ve only been getting into podcasts in the past year or so and haven’t really listened to a ton. I’m saving this post so I can remember to check these out!

• April 23, 2016 / 12:40 AM

Yay! I hope you enjoy them :)

19. Bree Hogan
    April 19, 2016 / 1:51 AM

I’m a fairly new convert to podcasts – hello, why didn’t I do this earlier?! – and love new recommendations. Thanks!

• May 6, 2016 / 9:31 AM

I’ve been wondering the same thing – they’re great! I hope you find some new favorites!

20. April 19, 2016 / 7:47 AM

I’ve only recently started listening to podcasts, so these recommendations are great!

• April 21, 2016 / 9:28 PM

Thanks, Kristie! I hope you find some new favorites :)

21. April 19, 2016 / 7:49 AM

Love Podcasts. Love “wait, wait, don’t tell me” – One of my favorites. I have not heard of the others on your list so I will be checking those out – How did this get made sounds like my kind of podcast.

• April 21, 2016 / 9:28 PM

Oh it is absolutely hysterical, you’re going to love it! I hope you enjoy the others as well!

22. Lindsay Katherine
    April 19, 2016 / 8:01 AM

I need to find time to listen to podcasts ; I think I’m the only one left who doesn’t listen! I have an 8 minute commute to work and then I’m home with my daughter the rest of the time, so it’s hard to find opportunities. I’m determined to make it happen though!

• April 21, 2016 / 9:29 PM

My commute is really short too! I try to listen a little at work if I can, on walks, doing laundry/dishes/cleaning. You just have to get creative!

23. Amanda
    April 19, 2016 / 9:41 AM

I LOVE podcasts! Death, Sex & Money is a great one! I also listen to a lot of biz podcasts like the Side Hustle Nation, Marketing in Your Car, and Chalene Johnson’s Build Your Tribe!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:15 AM

I haven’t heard of those, I’ll have to check them out. Thanks, Amanda!

24. April 19, 2016 / 9:54 AM

I’m still not very into Podcasts but I had no idea that theSkimm was a podcast! I love them and would totally listen to that. Have yous seen their snapchat?

• April 23, 2016 / 9:45 AM

I wasn’t into them either until Serial and now I love them! theSkimm isn’t a podcast (yet), I was just mentioning that I’m now always up on my news because of them :) I haven’t seen their Snapchat. Is it good? I’m struggling to get into that platform I always delete it after a few days, haha.

25. Carolyn
    April 19, 2016 / 10:38 AM

I think How did this get made would be hysterical. I’ll try it out. I am addicted to podcasts too.

• April 23, 2016 / 9:45 AM

You’ll love it! What are some of your favorites, Carolyn?

26. April 19, 2016 / 10:53 AM

I love podcasts. They are my main source of entertainment as of late. I’m going to download the Real Simple one…I hadn’t heard of that one yet!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:45 AM

Same! I can’t believe how much I’ve gotten into them over the past couple years. I hope you like the Real Simple one!

27. April 19, 2016 / 11:10 AM

I LOVE podcasts and yet haven’t heard of any of these! I have way too many podcasts (but also not enough – ha) but I’m definitely going to have to add a few of these to my subscriptions, thanks for sharing!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:53 AM

I love them too! I hope you like these :) What are some of your favorites?

28. April 19, 2016 / 11:41 AM

This is perfect!! I haven’t been able to find a podcast I love since Serial but a couple of these sound perfect! It’s a slow day at work so I will be looking into them for sure. Thanks for sharing!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:55 AM

I felt the same until I started trying a few other random ones out. I think you’ll really like some of these :)

29. April 19, 2016 / 11:56 AM

I love podcasts so much — maybe too much! I get stressed when I can’t listen to all my favorites! Even so, I added a few of these to my subscription list. :) Thanks for sharing!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:56 AM

What are some of your favorites, Brittany? I hope you find some new faves on this list :)

30. adapperchick
    April 19, 2016 / 11:58 AM

My interest in podcasts isn’t that high either, but I’ve heard of serial and I’m interested in learning more about it.

• April 23, 2016 / 9:57 AM

Definitely check out season one! The second one isn’t as interesting in my opinion (and several others I spoke with about it), but there are some other good ones here you might end up liking!

31. Mommy At Last
    April 19, 2016 / 12:15 PM

Awesome!! These sound great, I’ll have to check them out!! Thanks girl!
    Take care and God bless!
    Valarie

• April 23, 2016 / 9:57 AM

I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for reading, Valarie!

32. April 19, 2016 / 12:24 PM

I definitely need that Adulthood made easy podcast! Podcasts are some of my favorite things to listen to while I’m at work!! :)

• April 23, 2016 / 9:58 AM

It’s a great one! What are some of your others faves to listen to?

33. April 19, 2016 / 12:50 PM

Ooooo! I didn’t know there was a Real Simple podcast! That sounds like it would be pretty cool! I haven’t really entered the world of podcasts, but I probably would enjoy them if I found the right one!

• April 23, 2016 / 9:59 AM

It’s a great one! I tried to be diverse in the ones I shared here, so hopefully you’ll find some you’re interested in!

34. Neely
    April 19, 2016 / 1:04 PM

you must remember this is a new fav of mine! So interesting!

• April 23, 2016 / 10:00 AM

It really is! I love that they’re keeping us fresh on old history too!

35. April 19, 2016 / 1:06 PM

I’m with you – I LOVED serial, but then found it hard to find others that I was addicted too, Thanks for sharing these! The Real Simple one sounds awesome!

• April 24, 2016 / 11:02 AM

Exactly how I felt! I hope you like these :)

36. Belle Vie A Deux
    April 19, 2016 / 1:26 PM

Serial was amazing! one of my husbands favorites!!! I need to check the others out! thanks for sharing these!

• April 24, 2016 / 11:03 AM

I totally agree! I was so hooked on it! I hope you find some new ones to love on this list!

37. Scarlett Ballantyne
    April 19, 2016 / 1:29 PM

I am loving podcasts right now too. My favourite is Being Boss – check it out!

• April 24, 2016 / 4:22 PM

That’s a great one! It’s been a while since I’ve listened but I need to download some more!

38. April 19, 2016 / 2:18 PM

I do not have enough Podcasts in my life! I love these and will definitely have to check them out asap! XO

Anna || A Lily Love Affair

• April 24, 2016 / 4:23 PM

I hope you find some ones you love, Anna! Thanks for reading :)

39. April 19, 2016 / 2:22 PM

Thanks for sharing these! I only have one podcast I listen to (Gilmore Guys haha), but I’d love to start adding in more to my library! I will have to check these out :)

• April 24, 2016 / 4:24 PM

I haven’t heard of that one, I’ll have to check it out! I hope you find some others that you like!

40. April 19, 2016 / 2:38 PM

I can’t wait to listen to some of these. I went on a podcast binge the other day, trying to find some new favorites so I will be checking these out :)

• April 24, 2016 / 4:25 PM

Yay! I hope you find some new favorites, Kara!

41. April 19, 2016 / 4:43 PM

These are great picks! I am always on the quest for the perfect podcast. Thank you for sharing.

• April 24, 2016 / 4:26 PM

Thank you! Hopefully you’ll find a few new ones to love on this list!

42. April 19, 2016 / 4:49 PM

i am not the biggest fan of podcasts, until i randomly want to listen to one lol so i’ll keep these in mind for when i feel like that again. my current favourite is the armchair librarians!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:17 PM

I’ll have to look into that one! I hope you end up trying some of these out, I think you’d like them a lot!

43. April 19, 2016 / 4:51 PM

I use to listed to podcasts often, especially when I was commuting. Will have to get back into it and check these out!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:16 PM

They’re the best for commutes, but I always listen when walking my dog, doing laundry, dishes, etc. too!

44. April 19, 2016 / 5:18 PM

I love podcasts! I love Michael Hyatt and Johnny Lee Dumas. I’m hoping to start my own some day.

• April 24, 2016 / 9:19 PM

I haven’t heard of those, I’ll have to look into them! Starting your own sounds like fun! What would it be about?

45. April 19, 2016 / 11:57 PM

I loved Serial and am always looking for more podcasts so thank you for this list! I have some travels coming up and I could use some new ones to listen to.

• April 24, 2016 / 9:22 PM

Awesome! I hope you find some new favorites from this list :)

46. Sunshine Momma
    April 20, 2016 / 12:33 AM

I love podcasts. Mostly I listen to business podcasts though so I need to check out something different!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:22 PM

These will definitely help you branch out to some new genres :)

47. April 20, 2016 / 1:09 AM

Great suggestions! I also love Serial!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:18 PM

Thanks, Maegan! I hope you like these!

48. April 20, 2016 / 7:57 AM

I am so addicted to podcasts at the moment, I actually listen to them heaps at work as I am a designer so can get away with the multitasking! Love you suggestions – Thanks heaps for sharing :)

• April 24, 2016 / 9:29 PM

That’s great! I try to squeeze in a couple when I can too! I hope you enjoy these :)

49. April 20, 2016 / 9:50 AM

I need to listen to more podcasts. Usually we’ll toss a few on when we’re driving to visit my parents. Our favourite are some of the CBC radio programs. CBC is similar to NPR.

• April 24, 2016 / 9:41 PM

They’re so great, especially on drives! Try a few of these out, you might find some new ones to switch it up!

50. April 20, 2016 / 10:47 AM

Thanks for the inspiration! I need to branch from my usual food blog podcasts!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:23 PM

Of course! I hope you find some new ones to love from this list! Thanks for reading, Sarah :)

51. April 20, 2016 / 12:50 PM

I just recently got into podcasts. It started for serial with me too. i liked Season 1 way better than season 2. I’ve been listing to pro-blogger and other blog podcasts. In the process of starting my own. I also spend a lot of the work day listening to Youtube radio theatre. You must remember this sounds like something I’d be really into. Thanks for the new suggestions.

• April 24, 2016 / 9:46 PM

I’m with you 100%! I haven’t really been able to get into S2 of Serial but was hooked on 1. I’ll have to look into some other blogging ones. How awesome for you to create your own – what will the topic be?

• April 24, 2016 / 11:08 PM

I’m leaning towards blogging and business balance for women. I want it to coincide with my blog and it’s topics but I’m still in the planning phase.

52. Belle Vie A Deux
    April 21, 2016 / 12:35 AM

I love podcasts! They are great anytime of the day!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:42 PM

Totally agree! I’m so glad I found so many great ones to listen to! What are some of your favorites?

53. April 21, 2016 / 11:09 AM

I’m definitely going to have to listen to the Adulthood Made Easy! Gonna check these out, thanks for the list!

• April 24, 2016 / 9:41 PM

It’s a great one! Thanks for reading, Jennifer!

54. Lindsay Katherine
    April 25, 2016 / 11:05 AM

I swear I’m the only person who hasn’t gotten into Podcasts! My best friends all started listening to Serial and got my husband hooked, too. It’s not that I don’t want to – I just don’t have the time or conditions to! I need to work on that though.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:32 AM

That’s exactly how I felt! I started finding random times to listen to them like walking my dog, folding laundry, cooking dinner, driving (even if short distances). It really adds up!

55. April 25, 2016 / 11:15 AM

I don’t normally listen to podcasts, but I’ll check these out. I just never think of looking for podcasts. I tend to just go on YouTube.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:33 AM

You might find some you really like! I was never much into podcasts until I tried one and got instantly hooked!

56. Marsha
    April 25, 2016 / 11:49 AM

Actually, I’m not a huge fan. Never a talk radio fan or audiobook fan. I have started listening to Blissful Bites podcasts. They are helpful and she keeps them to about 30 minutes. Anything more than, and I lose focus.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:33 AM

I’ll have to look into that one, thanks! I usually don’t listen to talk radio or audiobooks either, but after hearing the hype about Serial I decided to give it a try when season one was a few episodes in and got hooked!

57. April 25, 2016 / 4:32 PM

I haven’t listened to any of these, but they all sound right up my alley! I have been a fan of podcasts for a long time – always looking for something new to listen to in the car. :-)

• May 6, 2016 / 9:34 AM

I hope you find some new favorites! Thanks for reading, Callie!

58. April 25, 2016 / 8:17 PM

I love podcast even though I can’t find time to sit down and listen to them. Real Simple: Adulthood Made Easy sounds like something I’d like. A few I like are Edit Your Life Show, Good Life Project, and Love Life with Matthew Hussey.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:35 AM

Thanks for those suggestions, I’ll have to check them out! I never have time to sit and solely listen to them either but I’ve gotten crafty with when to listen to them, like when I’m walking the dog, doing laundry, cooking, etc.

59. April 25, 2016 / 10:10 PM

Definitely want to check out how did this get made! That seems right up my alley!

​xx katie // a touch of teal

• May 6, 2016 / 9:34 AM

It’s SO funny! I hope you love it!

60. April 25, 2016 / 10:45 PM

Just started Serial season 2 and am always on the hunt for new good podcasts! Thanks for this list, I have to check this out, especially the Real Simple one!

• May 6, 2016 / 9:44 AM

I haven’t been able to get into season 2 of Serial. I’m not anywhere near as interested as I was with season 1. Are you finding that too? I hope you find some new favorites on this list!

61. Bree Hogan
    April 26, 2016 / 5:29 AM

I love discovering new podcasts to listen to. I’ve only recently joined the podcast bandwagon and I must say, what took me so long?!

• May 6, 2016 / 9:44 AM

I’ve been wondering the same thing myself! There are so many great ones out there!

62. April 26, 2016 / 9:57 AM

Thanks for this! I also wasn’t really into podcasts until I discovered Serial, and now that I’m done with season 2, I’m on the search for a new podcast to listen to.

• May 6, 2016 / 9:45 AM

Me either! I couldn’t get into season 2 of Serial though. I hope you like some of these!

63. April 26, 2016 / 3:15 PM

I have just started to get into podcasts a bit, so I will have to check some of these out!!

• May 6, 2016 / 9:45 AM

Yay! I hope you find some you love :)

64. missgetaway
    May 6, 2016 / 4:45 AM

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I just checked out your list too and they look great! I cannot wait to check out some of them :)

• May 6, 2016 / 9:46 AM

Thanks! I hope you find some new favorites :)