Raise your hand if your mind’s blown that there are only a few days left of 2016! *Raises both hands* This year was quite the whirlwind between work, grad school classes, travel, and blogging. But overall, I have to say it was a pretty good one filled with lots of accomplishments! Let’s look back at some of the highlights.
Top 5 Life + Blog Moments of 2016
- Completed my graduate certificate in business foundations (and with straight As!)
- Received a HUGE promotion at work
- Crossed off one new state + five countries on my travel bucket list
- Reached my savings goal
- Hit a milestone of 1k+ fans on the Small Towns & City Lights Facebook page
Top 5 Travel Posts of 2016
- The Best Travel Planning Resources: The top tools you need to plan that next much-needed vacation of yours!
- 10 Things You Might Not Know About Vienna: Part of my “10 things you might not know about __,” this post is filled with interesting tidbits about Vienna, Austria!
- Disney Dining: Be Our Guest Restaurant: Everyone loves Disney! Here’s a look at the dining experience of one of their newest restaurants, modeled after Beauty & the Beast!
- The Beer Spa Experience in Prague: One of the top travel excursion/activities I’ve ever done, hands down!
- Halloween Season in Salem: The home of the Witch Trials and mysterious happenings, this place is extra cool around Halloween!
Top 5 Lifestyle Posts of 2016
- 6 Investments Worth Making for Your Blog: There are SO many resources out there when it comes to blogging, but which ones are the most effective?
- How to Make a Succulent Garden: It’s actually much easier than you’d think! And the cutest decor to add to your home or office space.
- 5 Podcasts I Can’t Get Enough Of: No matter what topic you’re interested in, there’s probably a podcast for it. These are the best of the best!
- Simple Ways to Pay it Forward: We could use a little more kindness in the world. And there are a ton of ways to show it – and many don’t even require spending money!
- 5 Reasons Dogs Make the Best Friends: Does this one even need an intro? Dogs are just the best!
Thank you all for your support of Small Towns & City Lights this year! I’m taking off these last few days of 2016 to recharge and can’t wait for 2017, which I have a feeling is going to be the best year yet! Happy New Year!